Thursday, November 15, 2012

National Parent Involvement Day

 

Today is National Parent Involvement Day and my school celebrated by encouraging students to get their parents involved in their education. Students were asked to tell family members what they love about going to school online and give tours of their classrooms. Recently, our LMS added a Parent Portal that will give parents and guardians access to many useful tools to help their students succeed. It gives them an inbox that receives messages teachers specify for parents and access full classroom content. It also allows parents to see midterm and quarter grades, upcoming events, and how many credits their student still needs to graduate. I am hoping this new tool helps parents become more involved and aware of their childrens’ progress in school. As every teacher knows, parental involvement is essential in a child’s education. Other ways I try to get parents involved: newsletters home, personal phone calls, and field trips. Tomorrow I will be attending a field trip to a local art museum and I hope to meet many of my students and parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment